-Premium office complex achieves more than 20 percent energy savings through state-of-the-art integrated building solution from Johnson Controls
SYDNEY, May 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Johnson Controls’ integrated building solution, comprising a fully automated tri-generation system, enabled Liberty Place to achieve energy savings of twenty percent, moving it closer to its zero carbon emissions goal.
Johnson Controls’ tri-generation solution helps Sydney’s Liberty Place achieve multiple awards
Liberty Place is a new premium grade office complex in the heart of Sydney’s central business district by leading developer Grocon. Spanning five separate sites, including Legion House, a heritage building dating back to 1902,Liberty Place has a total of 58,316 square meters of office space and 2,800 square meters of retail space. In recognition of the complex’s sustainable design and enhanced operational efficiency, it was conferred the 6-Star Green Star Rating by the Green Building Council of Australia and 5.0 Star NABERS (National Australian Built Environment Rating System) by the Office of Environment and Heritage.
At the heart of the solution by Johnson Controls lies a fully automated tri-generation plant that is integrated into the daily operations of the building. The system allows for the simultaneous generation of electricity and useful heat and cooling in a single process. The comprehensive solution from Johnson Controls includes:
- Energy-efficient YORK® YK centrifugal chillers and YORK YIA absorption chillers optimally configured in the chilled water system
- Re-engineering of existing plant room to reduce footprint by a third
- Re-engineering of pumping systems to reduce chiller pump power
- Sabroe® SABlight air-cooled chiller to provide option of generating power via synthetic gas produced by gasifier or natural gas
- Central Plant Optimization 10 (CPO10) software powered by Metasys® to optimize the performance of the chiller plant
- Metasys Energy Dashboard software to track savings from each perimeter and provide a holistic analysis of the building’s energy efficiency
“We have achieved a major milestone at Liberty place by managing a fully automated tri-generation system that is truly integrated into daily building operations. The fact that the entire system is running smoothly demonstrates the value of the integrated solution from Johnson Controls,” said Dru Spork, Grocon’s Sustainability and Services Manager.
To learn more, please visit http://bit.ly/libertyplace.